GIS Mapping Assistant:
Socket is seeking a GIS Mapping Assistant to create maps and customized geographic information systems (GIS) applications, and manipulate data to serve a variety of purposes. The individual in this role will read and interpret maps, manipulate and understand digital land data, and manage data entered into a GIS database.
- Primary Responsibilities include:
- Mine current customer data to determine where speeds are slow/cancellations are high for new build areas
- Research easements to determine where Socket can place fiber
- Lay out design maps using Socket's GIS software
- Review new sales quote requests to determine feasibility
- Primary Qualifications:
- Must have fine attention to detail in order to maintain and enter data in a GIS database.
- Must be able to translate technical reports and drawings into map layers.
- Need to have superb written and oral communication skills for creating and presenting data reports and training other people how to use GIS technology.
- Familiarity with AUTOCAD and GIS systems preferred, but not required.