As the Staff Accountant for Socket Telecom, you will utilize your prior accounting experience to perform various duties and support business needs. By gaining knowledge of all Socket's Accounting Department functions and practices you will act as a backup and resource for other departments and personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily and monthly bank reconciliation
- Record routine accounting entries, such as payroll, prepaid expenses, etc.
- Reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with month-end close and financial reporting
- Assist in document preparation for audit
- Maintain knowledge of all department functions to be able to be a backup and resource for other Accounting personnel
- Document accounting procedures and policies
- Other miscellaneous duties as determined by the Controller
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in accounting, finance or business preferred
- Minimum 2 - 5 years experience in supporting general accounting functions
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of accounting structure, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Basic accounting and billing skills helpful (invoicing, credit card processing, etc.).
- Clear, concise writing skills required
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Detail oriented and very organized
- Skilled at checking accuracy, completeness and consistency of data received and processed
- Good communications and interpersonal skills, including but not limited to effectively presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, customers, management, and other employees of Socket
- Extensive knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel