Business Center Supervisor:
SUMMARY: This is a responsible supervisor position. The Business Center Supervisor coordinates the activities of our business analysts, to ensure the quality and consistency of technical services provided to business customers of Socket’s products and services by regularly communicating departmental goals and plans, coaching the group on customer service and technical issues, monitoring the productivity and quality of support, interviewing potential new hires, and scheduling staff. The individual also provides training, career development, counseling, and makes recommendations regarding personnel issues. The individual in this position reports to the Director of Customer Care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures business analyst and coordinator group provides quality support and customer service to Socket’s business customers in a positive, efficient, and timely manner by monitoring call statistics, support calls and written responses. Providing direction for solving difficult problems.
- Offers guidance to analysts and coordinators to help them determine when calls need to be escalated and follows-up on escalated calls to ensure they’re handled according to departmental operating procedures.
- Completes performance reviews for Business Center Analysts as well as Business Account Coordinators.
- Documents and monitors calls according to departmental procedures, with an emphasis on satisfying service level agreement goals for queues 3 and 6.
- Identifies potential new hires by reviewing applications for employment, then scheduling and completing first interviews.
- Recommends second interviews to the Director of Customer Care.
- Collaborates with the Director of Customer Care to maintain the Business Center’s work schedule to ensure adequate staffing across shifts to meet customer demand.
- Tracks hours worked by Business Center staff, through the timeclock approving regular hours, paid time off, and overtime on a daily/weekly basis completing the approvals at the end of each pay period and prior to payroll being ran.
- Assigns and oversees special projects, as delegated by Director of Customer Care.
- Organizes and effectively schedules multiple projects or tasks to meet simultaneous deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Adheres to and enforces all applicable Socket policies and procedures.
- Communicates departmental goals and plans to Business Center Analysts and Coordinators, ensuring consistency across all shifts.
- Delegates projects so subordinates understand their assignments and responsibilities, their level of authority, and their deadline.
- Consults Director of Customer Care to determine who in other departments should receive escalated calls.
- Contacts Network Operations for assistance with escalated issues, or questions about possible network issues.
- Maintains responsibility of escalated calls to ensure they are handled to department standards.
- Reviews trouble tickets and billing tickets, ensuring proper customer follow-up, making sure monitoring windows are observed after resolution, and reviews “resolved” trouble tickets before closing them.
- Schedules technicians for formal training courses and provides on-going training on technical issues, procedures, policies, support tools, and customer service skills.
- Attends weekly scheduled meetings with Tier III Technical Support Representatives, Technical Support Supervisor and Director of Customer Care to report on call volume, personnel, scorecard numbers, ongoing issues, and new business.
- Attends weekly NOC meetings and keeps the Director of Customer Care and NOC informed of Carrier level trends and issues, as well as customer issues.
- Acts as a backup to the Business Center and Technical Support in-bound phone queues.
- Recommends staffing, promotions, discipline, and discharge.
- Communicates departmental goals and plans.