Technical Support Agent:
Location: Columbia, MO
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Two years of job-related experience in customer service field preferred. User-level knowledge of Windows and Mac Operating Systems, modems, internet connectivity, and broadband services required. Telephone call handling skills, including phone answering techniques, message taking and call transfers required.
- Answering technical queries from current customer about how to utilize Socket’s product and services via phone, fax, email or other means.
- Fully documenting customer interactions in the ticket tracking system, or contact logs.
- Researching incidents that require resources not available at the time of the customer contact, or those that require time without user input. Following through to ensure all problems are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Interacting with Tier I, Tier II & III Technicians, Supervisors, and other departments where necessary to ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Documenting and updating known problems and solutions in the Wiki or notifies Tier II or Supervisor of items that need updating within procedures.
- Acting as a backup to the Customer Services in-bound phone queue.
- Working on special projects as directed by supervisor.