Socket has an opening for a programmer.
This position is responsible for analyzing complex applications and designing, developing, implementing and revising web pages, databases and computer programs. This person consults with the owners, managers and staff, on the application of complex automation techniques, programming methods and choice of application packages. This person will formulate and design complex application programs with due regard to efficient use of system resources.
The right candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and possess knowledge of PHP, SQL, HTML, AJAX and Linux. Knowledge of Java, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, networking and telecommunications is preferred.
Detailed responsibilities -
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and revises web pages, databases and computer programs based on user input, business logic, current processes, programming standards and other inputs.
- Provides assistance to users having problems and confers with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Reviews advanced software and make appropriate recommendations.
- Assists Manager of Business Intelligence and Automation in setting operational standards for the use and development of databases and the development of new applications.
- Provides excellent user training and documentation for applications.
- Provides advanced level technical expertise on database activities and may function as project leader on some projects.
- Assists in projects directed by others.
- Assists Accounting, Customer Care, Administrative staff and owners with ad-hoc database inquiries, reports and statistical analysis.
- Administers databases and monitors performance to plan for future uses and needs.
- Oversees and troubleshoots automated billing processes.