Location: Columbia, MO
Hours: Opening for summer semester with possible extension through fall semester. Approximately 20 hours per week, including occasional weekend hours.
Requirements: Only self-driven, motivated, high-energy personalities need apply. A passion for marketing and advertising are required, as well as a solid work ethic, inventive thinking and exceptional organizational skills. Must have a laptop computer and an acceptable driving record. Video production and editing skills are helpful, but not required. Experience in advertising, public relations and/or event planning is a plus.
Position Responsibilities: Assist Socket’s marketing department in managing projects pertaining, but not limited to:
- Assisting with planning and execution of internal and external events.
- Writing, sending and tracking email campaigns to current and potential customers.
- Creating and distributing informational and promotional video campaigns.
- Coordinating advertising projects such as yard signs and door hangers.
- Contacting vendors and media representatives to coordinate projects and to promote events.
- Assist with copywriting for advertising and company blogs.
- Updating company and customer websites.
- Assisting with social media campaigns and writing posts for Facebook and Twitter.
- Managing and expanding initiatives such as Socket’s Referral Award Program and Internet Grant Program
- Performing other duties as assigned.