Location: Columbia, MO
Requirements: Must have a valid Class E driver’s license. Qualified candidates must demonstrate an ability to follow written and verbal instructions as well as an ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees and the general public. Candidates must also have the mechanical skills for basic upkeep and maintenance. This means that equipment operators need to be good with their hands, and understand the mechanics of their equipment.
- Operating Socket's directional boring machine, vibratory plow, mini excavator, vacuum excavator, and aerial truck.
- Ensuring machines are in proper working order and that all systems are working correctly.
- Performing basic upkeep and repairs, and communicating any equipment malfunctions with their supervisor.
- Communicating with fellow team members using hand or audio signals, to ensure the safe operation of Socket equipment.
- Operating other hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, and a variety of other equipment and tools.
- Performing other duties as assigned.