In our last blog we talked about cutting the cable cord and introduced different streaming services. This blog will be a breakdown of the streaming services so you know exactly which service or combination of service will work best for you.
There are two different kinds of streaming services: on-demand and livestream. On-demand allows you to pick the specific show or movie you want to watch. Livestream allows you to pick a channel you want to watch, similar to cable or satellite service. Many cord-cutters use multiple services to create a solution that works best for them. The service or combination of services depends on your entertainment needs. We did the research for you and broke down the most popular streaming services below!
- Netflix- Netflix is an on demand streaming service with unlimited ad-free TV shows and movies, including Netflix originals. New movies and episodes are added every month. Netflix offers three different membership plans that determine how many people can stream Netflix at once. The Basic plan is $8.99 per month, and allows you to watch on one screen at a time. The Standard plan is $12.99 per month, and allows you to watch on 2 screens at a time. The Premium plan is $15.99 per month and allows you to watch on up to 4 screens at a time.
- Hulu- Hulu is an on demand streaming service that allows you to watch thousands of shows and movies. With Hulu you can get your first month free, and after that it’s $5.99 per month with ads, and $11.99 per month ad-free.
- Amazon Prime Video- Amazon Prime Video is an on demand service that allows you to watch movies, shows, and Amazon Originals. Prime Video membership is $8.99 per month.
- Disney Plus- Disney Plus is an on demand streaming service with movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. Disney Plus is $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year.
- Sling- Sling TV gives you live TV whenever and wherever. Sling allows you to customize your channel lineup including channels such as HGTV, A&E, Fox News, CNN, and many more. Sling offers different packages starting at $30 per month.
- YouTube TV- YouTube TV allows you to watch live TV from over 70 channels including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, and other popular cable networks. YouTube TV also allows you to record with unlimited DVR space. YouTube TV costs $49.99 per month.
- Hulu Live- Hulu Live allows you to watch live sports, news, and other entertainment on channels including FOX, CNN, NBC, ABC, and many more. Hulu Live also allows unlimited access to the entire Hulu streaming library. Hulu Live starts at $54.99 per month.
For more information on cutting the cable cord, you can visit our website for more information or give us a call at 1-800-762-5383.