Socket was awarded $23.7 million by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to build a fiber-optic network in rural Callaway County and parts of Fulton, Mo.
- $16.6 million grant
- $7.1 million loan
The project will serve 3,033 premises.
- 2,728 homes
- 269 businesses
- 36 critical community institutions
An estimated 525 jobs will be created as a result of the project.
65 direct area jobs
- 20 local direct Socket jobs
- 45 local contract labor jobs
460 indirect jobs, including
- 348 construction and engineering jobs
- 112 indirect jobs in other categories
The project will allow Socket to deliver local telephone, high-definition television and high-speed Internet up to 20 Mbps to area residents and businesses.
View updates, maps and more details of this project at www.socket.net/fiber.