These instructions are for Microsoft Outlook in Windows XP. For assistance with a different email client, please call Socket Technical Support at 1-800-762-5383.
1. Click on the Tools menu, then click Email Accounts. A new window will appear.
2. In this new window, select (make sure the black dot is next to) Add a new e-mail account. Click the Next button to continue.
3. Select the second option on this page, POP3. Click Next.
4. Complete the following fields:
- Your Name: Your real name
- Email Address:Your Socket e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.socket.net
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.socket.net
- Username: First part of your Socket email address (if your email address is email@example.com, you would enter littlebit). Make sure to only use lower-case letters.
- Password: Your Socket password, all lower-case.
- Click Next to continue.
5. Press Finish to save your settings.
Congratulations! Your new email account is complete.