Earth Day is April 22nd, and we’ve put together a few ways you can make a difference.
While it doesn’t have to be Earth Day to make some improvements to your computer and office habits, it’s a good time to take stock of our behavior and how it can affect the environment.
Of course, if that’s not enough of a reason, there’s always the bonus of saving some cash too!
Here are a few simple steps you can take to “go green”:
- Reduce energy consumption by utilizing your computer’s power saver options.
- Turn off your computer at night, both to conserve energy and to reduce heat stress on your machine.
- Donate or recycle your “outdated” electronics instead of throwing them out.
- Consider purchasing “reusable” or “refillable” printer cartridges.
- Upgrade to an LCD monitor to reduce energy usage by more than half.
- Reduce paper usage by printing double-sided when possible.
Have any other ideas? Share them in the comments below!